Thursday, July 9, 2015

Garden from seeds

I find tomato's are the easiest plant to grow.  

This year I planted : Romano, Yellow Pear, Mortgage lifter heirloom, and Cherokee purple heirloom tomato's.
 I found out that planting cucumbers on a fence is not always a good idea.
 I planted the cucumber  and yellow tomato together.  It is a good combo in a large planter.
I had to cut off most of the leaves on my tomato plants because they turned brown.

 Don't know what has happened to my Cherokee Tomato the top looks sick.
 My container garden is not pretty but it is functional.
 The Mortgage Lifter tomato is full of tomato's but I had to cut off the leaves because they turned brown.
 This strawberry started small in one pot and I move the runners into other pots.
The zucchini plants are making flowers but no fruit.

The Romano Tomato's have done OK, I have only picked about five off this plant. 
  I planted Sweet Basil in the same pot as my tomato plants.

The fig tree is about five years old but I only get a few figs a year.

 My peppers have note done well this year
 I don't know if the pepper has bugs or a fungus.
 Tomato plants are doing well even without leaves.
 I get just enough to have a few every day.
 Yellow Pear tomato's have done well this year.
 I am working in a few small pots to see if tomato plants will produce and survive in them.
 I am able to get tomato's from the tomato plant in a small pot.
 Blueberry plant below.
 The blueberry plant above is almost finished for the year. With three plants all at least three years old I only gathered a couple of hand fulls.
This year my  pepper did not do well.

 This watermelon plant's above have flowers but no fruit yet.
My thyme and cilantro are in small pots all alone.

My mint plant is in a large container and it may look bad but has produced a lot this year.

 I have only harvested two squash this year. One crook neck and one winter squash.
 I wish I could grow about six or seven different types of squash.
 The flowers on the cantaloupe are pretty.
 The cantaloupe plant may produce this year.  The little green ball above is cantaloupe.
 Queen peach tree below has not done well since I purchased it six years ago.
 My peach tree is sick and has not produced in six years.
 My strawberry plant is taking off but the berry's are not good this year.
 Cherokee Tomato
Hot Pepper

A few plants that did not grow well this year were the wildflower assortment, nasturtium DWA, marigold mix, cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli, Thelma Sanders Sweet Potato Squash, shelling pea, purple hull, green beans, celery, yellow crookneck squash, butternut squash, zucchini, cucumber, cantaloupe, watermelon,  scarlet globe radish, cherry bell radish, mesclun spicy mix , Black Seeded Simpson Lettuce, red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, green bell pepper, red hot cherry pepper, banana pepper, jalapeno Pepper, Oriental pepper, 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.