Thursday, March 27, 2014

Finished the Solar System Quilt

The quilts are now in his room.  He has the one on top with the backing showing
and the one on the bottom showing the solar system.

I believe they look good with his decor.

He still insist on sleeping with his train quilt I made a few years ago.

He has made a book nook on the lower bunk for some of his books.

This is when I placed the planets around the sun.

preparing to sew the front and back together

I pin my quilt together before I sew it.

Placing filler into the planet's and sun help make them puff out.

Thread placed to be used as a marker for placing the planets.


Taking paper and drawing out the shapes helps me design my quilt.

I cut away parts as I do them.  Then when I made the second quilt I taped them back together for use.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.