Sunday, November 14, 2010

Pillow

We learn, not by success or by reinforcement, but simply by doing.
Our work brings people face to face with love. To us what matters is an individual. To get to love the person we must come in close contact with him. Mother Teresa

In life you meet the people God put in your path; what you do with them is in your ballpark.

If you judge people, you have no time to love them.

Do all the good you can, to all the people you can, in all the ways you can, as long as ever you can. A gentle heart is tied with easy thread. A gentle tongue is a tree of life. Blood with gentle manners breed. Let gentle blood show generous might. To others gentle, to himself severe.

I asked a river, "What is love?"
and it replied: "The Sea."
I asked the question of the trees:
"The wind,"they answered me.
I asked a mountain and it cried:
"The Stars!" and I asked a field of grain;
It quickly sang; "The rain! the rain!
The shore told me it was the tide.
And when I asked my soul, it said:
"Love is the shining key
To that fair golden temple
Of my immoriality."
Adelaide P. Love Within every adversity lies a slumbering possibility.
My house, I say. But hark to the sunny doves That make my roof the arena of their loves, That gyre about the gables all day long and fill the chimneys with their murmurous song!
Our house, they say; and mine the cat declares, and spreads his golden fleece upon the chairs; and mine, the dog, and rises stiff with wrath . If any alien foot profane the path!
Benjamin Franklin said: "A house without woman or firelight is like a body without soul or spirit."
It is getting dark, time to be going to sleep.

1 comment:

  1. Mom - this looks good! Next time I want to revamp my decor with throw pillows I'm coming to you!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment.